Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Just another WordPress.com site
The Eagles come to town with a 1-4 record, a far cry from the “dream team” expected. The run defence is what was expected, terrible, But the all harolded pass defence has been extremely vulnerable. The Eagles offense has produced but is inconsistent. They are figuring out what us Skins fans have many times, you cannot buy a championship.
Score Prediction: Redskins 24 Eagles 21
Another heart attack pack finish, it’ll be close and back and forth but I fully believe the Redskins can pull this one out, Grossman will be under pressure all game but give a reasonable effort. The running game will be huge in this game, Torain, Hightower, and Helu all getting over 40 yards. Defence will be solid with a couple sacks, but as always a big play will likely be given up, as always I expect the Redskins to pull out a victory, HAIL
Grossman-20/32 215 yards 1 TD
Torain-15 carries 85 yards 1 TD
Hightower-10 carries 52 yards
Helu-8 carries 40 yards 1 TD
Moss-3 rec 55 yards
Davis-4 rec 72 yards 1 TD
Stop Vick-Obvious one right here. Vick is what runs the Eagle offense. If we manage to stop Vick and that’s a fairly large if, then we stop the Eagles offense. Vick struggles with recognizing pressure so I expect Haslett to produce plenty of confusing formations. But we cannot over blitz, we can not allow many Quarterback runs. Vick is already a weak passer so the only way he will truly beat us is if he runs and jukes us out of his mind.
Run the ball-We have 3 extremely talented runningbacks, Ryan Torain for his power and drive, Hightower for his solid cutbacks, and Helu for his speed and change of pace. To the weak Eagles defence, this is the 3 headed monster from hell. The key to victory isn’t giving Grossman the chance to make mistakes, it’s giving our runningbacks the chance to make plays.
Brandon Banks must improve-He is just not the same last year, is it the new rule? Other elite kick returners have had no trouble with this rule. Brandon needs to be giving us more production on returns, if he doesn’t you have to wonder if there really is a place for a guy that can only return.
Less Penalties-The Rams game was heavy in penalties, the Skins cannot afford to shoot themselves in the foot.
Trent Williams vs. Trent Cole-This is a key matchup, when Grossman is under pressure he makes mistakes, so thus we need to protect him from one of the best pass rushers in the league. This is the preview to the future, Trent will be facing Cole until one of their contracts runs out, can Trent finally prove worthy of his high selection?
Brown vs. Babin-Babin graces Fed Ex field with his presence today. Key matchup of the game. If Brown does not match up well Grossman will be on his face constantly and well you cannot win when such a thing is happening
Redskins 24 Rams 10
I feel like this is the Game the Skins will redeem themselves with.
Key Stat projections
Grossman: 24/36 246 yards 2 TD’s 0 INT’s
Hightower: 23 carries 86 yards 1 TD
Helu: 8 carries 42 yards
Moss: 5 catches 70 yards 1 TD
Davis: 6 catches 85 yards
Cooley: 3 catches 40 yards
Orakpo: 1.5 sacks
Kerrigan: .5 sacks
Predicting the ways we score
TD and TD
The Redskins go up against the Rams after a pathetic loss to the hated Cowboys. The Rams have many problems that will be revealed and the Redskins need to earn their redemption against them.
1) Get Pressure on the QB-The Rams offensive line is one of the worst in the league. I expect Haslett to go big with blitzes all day. Sam Bradford is the most hit quarterback in the NFL. I don’t see why the would change against our Kerrakpo combo with a heavy dose of safety blitz’s. The Redskins can’t under achieve against this unit, the Redskins must capitalize on weakness.
2) Grossman needs to halt the turnovers-Ever sense week 1, Grossman has been who we all thought he was. A reasonable QB who fumbles like no other. Grossman clearly has trouble seeing pressure on his blind side. To be successful he has to protect the ball, all he needs to do is throw another hand on that ball instead of putting it out there as a sweet delicious treat the other team can have.
3) Brandon Banks needs to breakout-Brandon Banks is solely on this team to make big plays, mainly to get that kickoff past that 20 yard line. Banks has been an extremely average returner thus far, disappointing because it is his job, We need the huge flashes of brilliance we had in the preseason. But in all reality it isn’t all on Banks, the kickoff blocking team needs to improve majorly, get on that Danny Smith.
4) Deangelo Hall needs to stop getting beat-The secondary has been solid so far, Josh Wilson has been playing great, Landryplayed well for his first game back, and OJ has made some very good plays. Then you look at Hall, the man who on every big play we’ve given up, he was the guy covering. Hall gives far too much room for the receiver to get the pass. Last year was the same deal but we let it go because of his interceptions. Well he isn’t getting interceptions so thus he looks terrible. Time to step it up Deangelo Hall.
5) Chris Chester needs to step it up-Chris Chester allowed 6 QB hurries on Monday night. That isn’t just bad that is absolutely horrible. Chester needs to stop getting pushed around or he could easily lose his job, showing another waisted 20 million dollars. Chester is heard of for his athleticism, that I havent even seen. It would benefit the team for him to get to his successful level.